Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:56:09 +1000
> >I am disappointed that I am still getting period pain on a paleo diet.
> >have been strictly paleo this month too.  When I was 100% raw food vegan
my
> >period pain problems were virtually cleared up

> are you on a raw paleo or did you reintroduced cooked foods.
> In case you think raw food is an important factor ,don't forget that
eating
> animals who eat a denatured diet like pigs do ( bacons)means overloading
> with not so good stuff, rendering the necessity for a more intense
monthly
> discharge.?!
> i would like to know

Actually I have been mostly eating cooked food - quite a big change from
all raw I know, but I find I like the taste and texture of cooked much
better and I seem to digest vegetables better cooked.  I have had a
tendency for bloating and I find that raw fruit and vegies makes that
worse.  I only eat organic meat - the bacon is supposed to be organic too.
But recently when I asked how they make bacon he said that they pump a
solution of salt and sugar through the meat then hang it over a fire.  that
is how he said normal bacon was done - apparently the organic version I am
getting uses smaller amounts of salt and honey instead of sugar.  I live in
Australia - don't know if the practise is the same everywhere?

Larelle