Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:55:35 -0400
Dori Zook said:

>>I've been thinking about this a lot.  Maddy, loved your post on this.  You
cover two important areas in your references to breast feeding; the physical
and the emotional.

>>References have been made to orthodontics.  ....I was not breast fed.  I
needed braces.  My parents and thier siblings were and they all have perfect
teeth.  My best friend, Elsa, and her siblings were breast fed and
they all have perfectly aligned teeth, too.  Whoa.  I would LOVE to see a
study on this, but that ain't gonna happen; it may well put orthdontists out
of business.

I'm glad you and Maddy enjoyed it.  (Glad my time was well spent and did not
fall on deaf or offended ears!)

Btw:  For doubting Thomases--Breastfeeding must be long term, preferably 2
years (at  least one intensively) and the mother must have the right
nutrition to suppport proper development of the dental arch.  Prices' work
documents this.....you can see in his video how all the teeth came in
perfectly, even the wisdom teeth... some modern people luck out and get good
dentition, but most don't and many have narrow, pinched fasces and dental
arches....

If you want to see the best study on orthodontics and their relationship to
diet and breast feeding, get the video Dr. Price's Search for Health from
the Price Pottenger Nutrition Foundation.  It costs about $35 but is worth
every penny (costs  less than a trip to the dentist).  The footage is
pricesless...taken from hundreds of slides Price took in the 30s.

Oh, La Leche League International has some info on studies on breast feeding
and dental development.  Find one of their books or local chapters....

If you get the video, you can loan it out to parents and prospective parents
you know.  If you are planning a career in nutrition, you can write it off
(on your taxes).

Enough!

Rachel