From:
shirley sommers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:47:36 -0800
I am going to attempt making some  Pemmican since finding a recipe using ground meat.
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~haskell/HSP/PEMMICAN.htmlIf

~also~
  Is there only a 'certain' type of fat that can be used.
If this is so what exactly is it?

What do you think about the amount of ground dry fruits suggested in the pemmican ingredient list ? Seems like a lot   too me . I thought Pemmican was meat & fat.

I am going to  (hopefully) be on the road a lot this Summer avg about 800 miles per day so this pemmican could be a good thing to have along.

TIA,
~Shirley

Daddy always said "Never argue with an idiot.
They bring you down to their level,
and then beat you with experience."

          http://imagegermanshepherds.com/  est. 1959