Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 06:14:51 -0800
At 11:26 AM 12/16/97 -0600, you wrote:
>        Sugar, salt, MSG, sodium nitrate, God Knows What. . .

Karl's right, when I eat cured bacon, even when I have soaked it first to
get the junk out, my body reacts in a bad way almost immediately. When I eat
the uncured, I get no reaction.  I can get it here from the Asian store for
$l.49 per pound. It comes unsliced, in weights of about one pound or so.
Then I put it in the freezer to let it get hard enough to slice. Then, I
slice it myself with a sharp knife. When I tried to slice it without
freezing it first, it was a major hassle, so freeze it first. Hope this
helps someone.