From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:40:45 +0000
>To add in just one more topic, has anyone looked around for old, old recipes
>(say the early part of the last 1,000 years, or earlier?).. .... They also
>tend to be written in a somewhat charming manner (take ye a (blank of
>whatever) and grind it until it soft unto like freshly churned butter, etc.
>etc.)...
>Thanks,
>
>C.B.

I had an old Cornish recipe book reproduction that had, for ingredients,
pilchards, bacon, flour, lard, sugar, salt, apples, currants, potatoes, and
heavy cream. For everything, main courses, soups, pasties (well, there were
also leeks and a bit of beef), desserts, breakfast, tea, and supper. Must
have been forty or so recipes like that. Not very Paleo...

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!