From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:49:10 -0700
Amadeus:
 >Yes, I am aiming to have benefints from eating as
 >close as practical to a actual genetically adapted diet,
 >like in the paleolithicum.

I can see how eating meat might be impractical
for a vegetarian like yourself. ;-)

Amadeus:
 >That should be the goal of a paleo food list, shouldn't it?

Indeed.  However, making up strawman arguments for not eating
whole categories of foods that are essential to paleo is not.

Amadeus:
 >Very strange really that many people want me to eat animals.
 >Why so?

Because of the intellectual dishonesty of your omitting an important
category of paleo foods while being on a paleo list and claiming to
be trying to emulate a paleo diet.

Amadeus:
 >I would never insist on someone else to eat termites, for example.

Naturally, but you could easily make the argument that insects belong
in any paleo diet.

Amadeus:
 >Grains, even cereals and dairy *have* been eaten in the paleolithicum,
 >just to a lesser percentage.

The "just" is the whole point.   The proportions and ratios are crucial
  - facts that you consistently are choosing to neglect.  As I might
have stated earlier, I could eat a diet consisting exclusively of
blueberries, grasshoppers, walnuts and spinach and, yet, it could
never be called a paleo diet.

Amadeus:
 >We aren't talking only about a meat lovers and gluten/casein
 >intolerance diet, are we?

Hardly.  Paleo diets come in all types and sizes but one thing they
are never and that is vegetarian.

Peter