From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:08:45 -0500
On Sat, 11 Nov 2000 12:52:01 -0500, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> A couple days later I had my blood
>pressure tested. It was 112/70. She checked it twice. It had always been
>130/70. In the book he points out that a low carb diet will bring about an
>immediate 20 point drop in the systolic reading. He was right.
>
>So Amadeus. Are you consuming more than 72 grams of carbs?

Shure Don.
I do not subscribe to low carb diets as part of a evolutional diet.
I can't see a timespan different from the time from only 30000 to
5000 bc where it could have been possible. In our anchestors history.

However i suspect health benefits of a LC dietary regime for people sensible
to carbohydrates in some way and to fight yeasts.

I always used to get about half of my calories from fat (about 1200) because
i am very fond of the good taste of the various fats i like.

Now, i also have the intention to prevent my protein intake from dropping.
And fats as a isolated food, have zero protein. If i stop at 2600 kcal (and
my instincts seem to do so), i end up under protein.
I am also not willing to go very high in vegetarian protein concentrates
- as would be easily possible with meat.
(I mean almonds and nuts).

I don't like orange juice. Its a kind of sugar bomb - just too much. Next to
the worst - which is grape juice, IMO.
I cannot remember any problems with blood pressure.
I usually have 120/80 and sometimes it goes up to 130 or 150 to 90.

regards, Amadeus