From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:21:32 -0700

>Ingrid Bauer wrote:
 need some clarification here , i am jean-claude and Ingrid is my wife and i
use her computer to write . sorry for the mixing up.

>>in refutation to the  argument about brain building requirements for
humans
>>presented by Don, this argument have been presented:
i wrote this sentence but the following argument was from John Coleman
posted in an other e-mail list and the article that i presented here have
been written by him

>><we actually develop bigger brains by growing them for longer (not
faster),
>><and most or all of the growth is completed during lactation
>>
>I don't know what qualifications Ingrid has, but Dr. Michael Crawford, a
>renowned biochemist, is probably the world's leading expert on EFAs and
>brain development.  According to professor Crawford, "The brain is the
>earliest organ to develop. Seventy percent of the total maximum number of
>brain cells that anyone ever has were built inside the mother during fetal
>life." Nutrition and Evolution, p. 130.  Thus, contrary to her claim, most
>actual formation of brain tissue actually occurs before lactation (good
>thing too, or we'd have an incredible number of imbeciles on our hands due
>to formula feeding).
>
>If Ingrid is on track, then why is it that the placenta selects neural
fatty
>acids from mother's blood, passing them on in higher concentration to the
>fetus? Long gestation contributes to greater brain development, and long
>gestation with increased DHA supplies is even better!

could long gestation plus long childhood could be a sufficient reason why
our brain are bigger without having to get high fatty acids containing food
?

>IN addition, If Ingrid's view is correct, then several things beg
>explanation:
>
>1)  WHY ARE HUMANS THE EXCEPTION TO THE GENERAL RULE THAT OMNIVORES AND
>CARNIVORES HAVE MORE SOPHISTICATED NERVOUS SYSTEMS THAN HERBIVORES?
>
>2)  Why do studies show that vegetarian moms have milk with lower DHA
levels
>than omnivores?  And why do studies show that children raised on milk lower
>in DHA have less intelligence than children raised on milk higher in DHA?
>
>3)  Why is it that carnivorous dolphins are the only animals with a brain
>near human size (in relation to body mass)?  Answer to this question should
>address the fact that dolphins evolved from an herbivorous ancestor.
>
>4)  Why aren't the vegetarian nations (e.g. India) producing crops of
>geniuses?  Why have the more vegetarian nations lagged so far behind the
>omnivores in scientific and technological innovations?
Ghandi is an example of a genius ,he have been able to defeat the meat
eating english empire off its conquered territories. The intelligence of the
english didn't prepare them to deal with the intelligence of GANDHI.
INTELLIGENCE is not easy concept.
see my post about intelligence.
jean-claude