From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 00:41:01 -0500
At 08:56 PM 11/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Ben Balzer wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately D'Adamo's on leave from his site finishing his 4 th edition.
>> His diet is based on eliminating lectins, a sentiment that I agree with -
>> but he then recommends soy products which are loaded with
>> lectins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please explain.
>
>You have it wrong.  ER4YT is not based on on eliminating lectins,
>which is in any case impossible.  It is based on the premise that
>the *effect* of specific lectins on the body is a function of
>blood type.  This is because lectins are *hemagglutinins* and
>because the ABO blood types are not "pure" blood types.  That
>means that tissues other than blood have ABO properties --
>notably the lining of the intestines.
>
>The *theory* behind the lectin part of ER4YT is impeccable.

i think the the word "impeccable" is more that hyperbole.  Most, if not
all the research is done in vitro.  You must know that even normal air
will cause a gluttination reaction with blood.  That means that the mere
fact that exposure to a particular substance "in vitro" causes a gluttination
reaction is hardly definitive (certainly not "impeccable")  as it is very
difficult
to contol for confounding factors.

In any event, ABO blood types are *very* limited with respect to determining
acceptance of organ transplants and certainly shouldn't be held as the gold
standard for
aceeptable food with in the *bloodsteam" or the intestinal tract.  I find
(and many others)
his conclusions specious.

  Wade Reeser

<big snip>