From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:50:03 -0700
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 Aaron D. Wieland wrote:
>>For me, cooked meat is one of the
>>easiest foods to digest. Also, cooked
>>food is much easier for me to digest
>>than raw food, so I'm skeptical of the
>>propaganda about raw foods and
>>enzymes.
I am weak in assessing how effeciently my body is digesting its food.
How specifically do you monitor the process?

I don't want to misrepresent the Diamonds--I don't believe they ever
suggested eating raw meat.  I do remember them recommending eating raw
eggs (versus cooked eggs) and raw vegetables.

The raw versus cooked debate is spirited.  Like you said there are
people on both sides who feel strongly based on personal experiences and
scientific analysis.  I have been 100% raw for 11 days now and have not
noticed any major changes in how i feel.  I plan to continue the raw
experiment for at least 3 more weeks.

>>Regarding the "fruit until noon"
>>guideline, I've learned that the morning
>>is the absolute worst time for me to eat
>>high-carb foods...
Again, i don't want to misrepresent the Diamonds.  Their guidelines for
eating fruit is 1. do it on an empty stomach (at least 3 hours after
last meal) 2.  do not combine with any other foods  3. wait at least 20
minutes before eating other types of food.   These are based on their
belief that fruit is not digested in the stomach and only stays in the
stomach for about 20 minutes when eaten alone.

They suggest eating only fruit in the morning because they believe it
requires the least amount of energy to digest.  I am not sure
specifically what that means.  Its worth noting that your body does not
behave as predicted by their theory.

I have followed their combining rules for four days now.  I notice my
stools are firmer but have not experienced a change in my energy level
or mood.

Regards,
mark