From:
TempestTerriers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:04:47 -0500
Most of you probably remember Kathryn P. Rosenthal who had to leave the list
for a mastectomy and follow up treatment.  I e mailed her directly, and she
posted back the following:
"Anyway, I found it very interesting that my oncologist and the books on
cancer all say to eat a HIGH protein diet when you have cancer.  None of
this "soy" stuff.  Protein is needed in lg. quantites to combat cancer.
Isn't that interesting?  If you have a minute, you might send a quick note
to the paleofood list and let them know that I'm doing well after the
surgery and was stunned when my oncologist said, "No sugar, no white bread,
no additives to foods, very little dairy - just yogurt.  Eat natural foods
and HIGH protein!!!!"  Amazing.  I can remain paleo throughout!"

She asked me to post this info to the list for grist for our mills :)

Paula H.