From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 07:26:38 -0500
>Did you notice that the body responds differently to dried fruits and to
>fresh fruits? After I eat 10 RAW fresh figs, I feel full and happy; but
>after I eat 10 dried figs there's always some complaining to be heard from
>my stomach. Don't say you stomach doesn't care what fruits you eat: fresh
>ones or dried ones.

        yes, i'll totally agree with you on this, having overdone it with
the dried figs on more than one occasion (the mission figs are so good).
but--nutritionally--there is no difference at all, besides the water
content, between a fresh fig and a dried one.  there would be the exact same
vitamins, minerals, calories.          it's just that since the dried ones
are smaller, they go down much faster, and you have to remember when you're
eating them, that they are concentrated: same nutrition in a proportionately
much smaller package.
        but i rely on dried fruits alot, especially in the winter months.  i
bought up lots of cherries and berries in the summer when they were on sale
and abundant & dried them in my little dehydrator from Wal-Mart.  i'd rather
eat fresh, but if dried natural fruit is all i have access to, then that's
better than no fruit at all.

JoAnn.