From:
Shaena Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:00:13 -0800
> > > can anyone tell me of a brand of canned tuna that is just tuna, and
> > > is not
> > > canned with soybean oil?
> > >
> > > Nita
>
> Around here, the cheapest, market-brand cans are all water packed instead
of
> oil packed. Oil packed is twice the price!
>
> Can't say the water packed is really great tasting....

If fresh tuna is available, home canned is by far the tastiest - if you
haven't tried it, you'll be amazed at the taste difference.  We have one
local outfit that cans albacore, you could contact them about what oil they
use - it's Smith Pacific Shrimp at [log in to unmask] - Billy Schreiber is
the owner and a really great guy.  His canned tuna isn't cheap, but you know
what you're getting - you'll never want to go back to the cat food they sell
in grocery stores.

Shaena
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

You may also contact me through ICQ #18000509