From:
judy genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:45:50 EST
I have the same blood pressure reading as you.  One symptom of low
thyroid
function is hypotension.  I am about to begin supplementing with
bovine
thyroid glandular, so I will report back my results.  Do you also have
low
body temperature (below 98 degrees orally when you first wake up?) and
a low
pulse (under 85 beats per minute).  When the thyroid is sluggish, the
adrenal glands must overcompensate by oversecreting adrenaline.  Over
time,
they too become exhausted. The root, though, from my understanding, is
first treat the thyroid. Maybe others on this list can give more in
depth
information here.  One final thought - perhaps you are going too low
carb.
Maybe you need more root vegetables (carrots, parsnips) or fruit.
Raw nuts
also depress thyroid function, as do raw cruciferous veggies
(brocolli,
brussel sprouts, cabbage).  Live apple cider (unpasteurized) with a
pinch of
sea salt is very nice for the thyroid, btw, as are any live juices
made
similarly....

Good Luck!

Judy Genova, cavegirl