From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 08:28:46 -0400
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:09:45 CDT, Justin Hasselman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>ELIZABETH:
>>I agree that the thought of a diet where I eat allot of meat and maybe a
>>banana or blueberries is appealing. BUT, my blood sugar levels would go
>JUSTIN:
>I like this post.  Previously, when others on the list have posted about a
>diet that contradicted paleo purism and said, "Hey, this worked for me" all
>the others would jump in and start flaming away b/c in contradicts what
>they've been told about paleo the entire time.   on this list.
>With me, I'm always manipulating my diet to find what works best for me.
>Bottom line: experiment for yourself.  I'm constantly manipulating my diet
>to find the best mix.  There is no one diet (and this includes paleo
>perfect diets) that are best for everyone ...

I think you can develop to some degree a "body intuition" about the right
mix and quantities of meats and (permitted)
plants to achieve your goal -- and
it could be individually determined. But this is still
NeanderThin. For example "a diet where I eat alot of meat and maybe a
banana or blueberries" -- well that could be a phase of NeanderThin --
not "another diet". Remember how NeanderThin tells you to regulate
(which, how much) plants -- and this regulation (variation)
is individual. I've seen comments about
being on NeanderThin but "eating alot of salads" -- this could be
totally wrong.

I'm always regulating the mix of types of
meats and types of (permitted) plants and call myself
neanderThin-pure.I might eat some eggplant or squash
instead of potato -etc. Since I had such dramatic results in body fat
elimination,
going back to eating any potato,grains,dairy
would have an adverse effect.

Philip Thrift
http://pthrift.homepage.com/paleofitness.html