From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:50:24 -0400
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:34:10 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Philip Thrift wrote:
>
>> Can someone please provide an example of a
>> day's eating schedule on Anchell to compare
>> with, say, the example on my web page of a day's schedule on
>> neanderThin:
>>
>>       First meal right after workout: 1 lb chicken breast +
>>             some chopped green pepper and tomatoes
>>       Mid morning meal: 3/4 lb steak + 1/2 sliced peach
>>       Lunch: 1 lb pork loin + chopped onions and cucumber
>>       Dinner: 1 lb mix of steak, chicken + some squash
>
>It's not terribly different, except (1) the non-food items are
>limited to his list of approved foods, for reasons still
>mysterious (and likely to remain so, I fear); and (2) the
>non-meat foods are limited to three meals per day, and to
>"ordinary portion" size.  Ordinary portion size is not defined,
>but at one point he says it is the "size of an ice-cream scoop";
>elsewhere he mentions 3/4 of a cup.  He also allows some
>non-paleo foods, such as rice, but with the same amount
>limitations.
>
>You are not specific about the amounts of non-meat foods, except
>for the 1/2 peach.  Carbwise, your diet is probably lower than
>Anchell, depending on (a) how large your portions of "some"
>squash, peppers, tomatoes, etc. are, and (b) whether or not, on a
>given day of Anchell, one has a banana or potato or rice.  On
>Anchell the amount of meat eaten is governed by appetite.
>
>Todd Moody

The portions of non-meats in my example above is on the order of
a cup.

I would not see going from NeanderThin to Anchell -- I just eat
some eggplant instead of potato, squash instead of rice. I wouldn't
see how the reverse substitution would be an improvement -- just the
opposite in fact.

Anchell sounds a bit like Atkins to me.

Philip Thrift
Paleofitness: a guide for the paleo-natural bodybuilder
http://pthrift.homepage.com/paleofitness.html