From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:20:47 +0900
On Saturday, July 16, 2005, at 09:16  PM, Andrea Hughett wrote:

> A friend of mine suffers from migraines.  I'm trying
> to get her interested in the paleo diet,

Absolutely. I agree with William. I had terrible migraines two, three,
four days a week for several years before starting paleo. It was awful.
Then I cut bread out, actually went full bore low carb Atkins style.
About two weeks later I realized that, as well as having lost some
weight, a few belt notches, no constipation or gas, I hadn't had a
migraine since starting.

Eventually I did get more migraines, but the frequency was way way
less, about once a month and decreasing, and especially less painful.
Now I often don't take anything for them, or just an aspirin or two. I
was practically eating meds, several different kinds, before paleo. I
have not had a full fledged migraine headache in four years. For that
reason alone I will never give up paleo.

I can give myself a migraine any time I 'want' to. Just eat wheat
products for two or three days in a row. The next morning I will wake
up with a stiff neck that leads into a migraine by afternoon. Sometimes
just one meal of bread will do it, but usually it takes a few days. It
has happened often enough that I believe it. Bread/wheat causes
migraines.