From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:09:44 -0600
Peter,

I too have had issues with depression.  To me, there are two parts to
getting over the hump.  Number one is diet.  Paleo is absolutely key to
getting the substances that cause depression out of your system.  The
second is not quite as quantifiable, but has to do with attitude.  You will
have issues that the depression may have masked that come to the surface
once you've removed depression's cause.  If your attitude is one of
thankfulness for finally getting out of the shackles of depression, you'll
handle those with no problems.  Bull your way through the way out, if that
makes any sense.

One guy's opinion.  Best of luck to you!

Jim Swayze

                    Peter Constantinidis
                    <[log in to unmask]       To:     [log in to unmask]
                    A>                            cc:
                    Sent by: Paleolithic          Subject:     Fighting Depression w/ Food
                    Eating Support List
                    JOHNS.EDU>

                    03/22/02 03:51 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Paleolithic Eating
                    Support List

Hi,

I'm someone with the blues. I've been using St. John's Wort for a while now
and it does help but not enough. Rather than increase the dose which is an
option or take a prescription AD, I thought I'd try to seek out other
things that I should be doing but am not.

Came across  nuitrition which was sorely lacking for me. So I'm hopeful
that I can get solid sustainable results from it to help everything else
fall in place since the link between the body and the mind is a circle and
they both feed off each other. So that's why I've been doing the Paleo diet
the last two weeks. And I've stuck to it. Though I have been cheating the
last few days by having a single small spoon for tea's worth of honey. Mmmm
flavour. Also noted that I need to buy some Vitamin D supplements today as
I don't get any sun due to my hours. Will be interesting to see how that
also affects me.

Anyways I was curious if someone else had depression and found it to get
better after adopting the paleo diet how long did it take for your personal
circumstances, etc. Feel free to email me privately if you'd like.

Best,
Peter.