From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:17:47 -0800
On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:17:34 MDT, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Cavelisters,
>
>You are not going to BELIEVE this link!  Our friends at the ADA (American
>Dietetic Association) say sugar doesn't make you fat.  Go to...
>
>http://www.eatright.org/feature/100198.html
>
>I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

In the space of a couple of months, this list - about the only place on the
Internet with reasoned intelligent discussion - has deteriorated into yet
another advocacy group - you know -- the sort of place where people start with
an ASSUMPTION and then apply it to everything - instead of thinking.

I read the above article, and except for a few minutia, I could not find
anything factually incorrect.

This is because the article does not say that "sugar does not make you fat" nor
that "sugar is good for you" - it merely says that the body cannot distinguish
sugar from any other carbohydrate - which is largely true, as far as it affects
the various illnesses and symptoms mentioned in the article.

As John Lennon said - "All I want is the truth".

--
Cheers,

Ken