Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:33:34 -0800
Katrina,

My math may be off, but I think 6 grains of Armour a day is quite a lot.
I've heard plenty of people say to look at adrenals if thyroid doesn't fully
explain an energy situation.

But there is another component too. I have notoriously cold hands and feet,
but tried a natural progesterone cream for awhile (it had actual USP
progesterone in it, wasn't just wild yam creme) and was shocked to find my
hands and feet were actually toasty. That was great, except that I gained
weight and had some digestive difficulties on it. Now actually, in lab tests
I'm low in one of three estrogens but my progesterone checks fine.

What I mean to say is sometimes the female hormonal system could be involved
in the coldness issue. Progesterone is what raises a woman's body temp
slightly for the 'second half' of her monthly cycle. And, in pregnancy.
Women track their fertility cycles by taking their temperature, even.

If you do decide to get hormone levels checked, be advised that you have to
do it a certain number of days after your period for estrogen, and then at a
different point in the cycle to measure progesterone (blood tests). But, for
instance, if you did turn out low in progesterone, you could know to use a
progesterone cream and that might help with temps. (Do not use a fake
progesterone, a progestin, which non-alternative docs may try to prescribe.
Big differences!) The company I got the creme from, if you're interested, is
Emerita. I think their Web site's Emerita.com.

Best wishes,

C.B.