From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:35:57 +1100
I've been reading the posts on nuts with interest... I've been eating a lot
of almonds recently. I try to buy the ones in the shells but mostly I buy
the ones already shelled. I always assumed they are raw? Do you think they
are heat treated? Is that how they get the shell off?

I always keep a careful eye on the fats that I eat. I don't fry any foods
and I use olive oil and flaxseed oil on my veggies and meat.

Is the heated nuts a problem? I know nuts can go rancid after shelling.

How much of a problem is this?

Thanks, Alison