From:
Kenneth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:58:23 -0600
 The emotions seen in the discussion regarding “noble savages” shows how
things can develop when anyone moves too close to the edge of going against
political correctness. Why did some people advance and others not, and how
do we define advancement? And did diet have anything to do with it? It is
not politically correct to say it, but all people are not alike, if we can
admit that perhaps then we can move on to say it is good that we are not all
alike. Variety is vital in evolution, or was vital in evolution until the
recent “we are all alike” coalition began to moralize. Is anyone “better”
than anyone else? I think it is best to say we are different and that is
good. Diet during the Hunter Gatherer period, it seems, did not include
dairy or grain, or all the modern refined foods, yet even here diet was not
the same for all people.  Cordain's diet philosophy with its concern over
balancing acidic meat with alkaline fruit and vegetables works best for me,
but apparently not for people with certain health problems. We don't all
have to be the same.

Ken