Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:41:20 -0500
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 03:22:48 -0500, Adam Sroka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Tradition comes from somewhere. It is arrogant to assume that tradition
> is wrong based on little or no evidence. But it is just as arrogant to
> assume that science is always wrong, or that older traditions are more
> valuable than the newer ones.

Science has demonstrated that smoking causes some diseases. Science has
shown that domestic livestock get all those same diseases. Modern science
is not all science. Some of it is crap. A mixture of crap and truth is
called bullshit.
Therefore modern science is bullshit.

> Paleo science didn't get us to the moon.

Neither did modern science, in the opinion of some of the less credulous.
Something so useless may not have occurred to paleoman.

> On the other hand, I am almost certain that the scientific method
> originated in the Paleolithic mind.

IIRC "science" comes from the Greek psi or psy, it means merely a mental
function, and implies that the thinker tells the truth about whatever he
noticed.

> The assumption of evolutionary medicine/Paleo is that we evolved from
> our origins and that our "modern world" has not existed long enough for
> us to evolve much beyond them.

I've been assuming that the assumption of this list is that we did NOT
evolve (with respect to digestion) from our origins.
Evolution * is * not * proven.

  Doesn't this principle suggest that we
> are no smarter, nor less smart, than our ancestors?

Less, IMHO. They  didn't have the media to cripple their minds.

William