From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:09:33 -0500
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 00:10:55 -0500, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Amadeus Schmidt wrote:
>
>>Some fruit (besides a plate of rosehip and "cornus mas" fruits:
>>http://www.geocities.com/paleolix/mespdesk.jpg
>
>I didn't see any plate. The photos are a bit big!

Ok I'll shrink them - they came out of my camera this size and i forgot to
look at the size before uploading.
Plate.. sorry it was not the right english word for my wooden containers.
It had to look it up and found paring(?) or pod.

>As for your "cornus mas." They the red berries in the picture. In the US
>they are called Cornelian Cherries.

That's right, in German the same word, "Kornelkirsche". No cherry relative.
They are a little sour and spoil easily.
A fruit recommended by "Hildegard" as healthy.
Also a very nice garden plant, flowering very early in march.
In gardening I also try a "close to nature" and local-variety approach.
Plants are more robust and healthy and for me - nicer.

>How long ago
>was this picture taken? Cornelian cherries were in back in August here in
>NYC.
The pictures are from the last October days.
I'm at 500meters above sea level and a good deal more north than NYC.
These days temperature is approaching freeze point at night
(While sunny and worm due to worm south winds often at daytime).

Amadeus