Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 16:28:18 -0500
This is something along the lines of things I tend to
through into my "foods contain a lot of stuff in various
amounts and no food contains nothing that somebody couldn't
make a negative statement about" pile.
How much of these compounds are actually found in broccoli?
How effective are glucosinolate compounds at interfering with
iodine? Is it only a problem for somebody with limited iodine
intake? What about those who get more than enough of it
through diet and supplements? Do these compounds survive
cooking? I assume this does not actually harm the thyroid
gland, merely makes it hard to absorb/use iodine. In that
case, if one has no symptoms/problems AT ALL associated with
low thyroid, then these foods are not a problem, right?

Ilya

PS Sorry to quote the whole thing