Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:26:23 -0500
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:23:50 -0600, Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I didn't see that while I was there.  I stayed in a hotel in Paris and
>because DH and I are paleo I paid particular attention to what was eaten.
>The teens in Europe eat the fast food.  We weren't around the countryside
so
>I can only speak on what I observed in the city.... I didn't see a single
>Frenchman with a croissant and their chocolate drink is very thick.  ugh...
>Oliva-

I was staying in Beaune, in Burgundy, which is only a small town, but had
about 5 bakeries/patisseries, which the locals appeared to visit on a daily
basis.

There were also several chocolate shops! Relating this to the chocolate
thread, an occasional non-Paleo treat for me is very high cocoa French
chocolate (Valrhona or preferably Michel Cluizel who makes a bar which is
85% cocoa. He also makes one called Noir Infini which is 99% but I haven't
had the courage to try it yet...)

Jo