Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:56:32 +0900
Carine Klein wrote:

> How dangerous do you consider the threat of "mad cow Disease"in Elk and
> venison.These have been a staple of mine in the Paleo diet.

How lucky you are. There do seem to be a few limited areas
where this is prevalent. This last summer in Wisconsin the
state declared open season all summer in a few counties,
hoping to thin the herds enough to make transmission more
difficult. My own opinion is it should have been state-wide.
Deer are so thick there that it isn't surprising that
diseases are spreading.