Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:19:54 -0700
Ron,
I too suffer from this insane craving for sweets.  But giving in and eating them doesn't actually satisfy.  This is the truly frustrating part of it all.  If somehow I could eat a sweet thing -fruit, dried fruit, candy - and be satisfied, that would be one thing.  But it doesn't.  I pace the kitchen as well - questioning my sanity the entire time.  Even when I'm well-disciplined on a paleo diet, I have not been able to lose this nagging craving.  It feels as though it comes from the brain and not the body.  Is this sugar thing related to alcoholism?  I've read that alcoholic's in rehab have incredible sugar cravings.  What is driving us?
gale