From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 01:05:51 -0700
>Hans wrote
>Jean-Claude, what about the quality of Your foods? Do You eat only
>"Instinct quality"? Do You wash fruit and veggies before You eat?
>Do You have to throw away much food because no one happened to want
>it for a couple of days, or do You eat what is available?

i eat only undenatured foods except the oils or processed olives that i
started to eat recently because i was craving olives and don't have access
to undenatured ones for 7 years, so i figured that it could be better than
nothing ( i have mixed feelings about the effect that this experiment have
on my overall balance)
In the warm season i rely mostly on what i am harvesting fruits veggies and
nuts all top quality ( even better than organic because from semiwild
plants) in the winter i buy fruits and veggies almost only organic unless i
can't find a specific item that i need ( like the chicorees that i find only
commercial- again unperfect is better than nothing if it is an important
need )
for animals products i have access to the wild sealife from BC canada,
instincto quality beef (from the rustic quasineolithic breed :higland
cattle) and grass fed lamb from neighbours but sometimes they are grain fed
too and don't necessarely know it  before hand (hard to get true confession)
but recognise it afterward ( get symptomes like sweating and bad nights)

I don't wash even commercial because the produce that i buy are soaked
allready
all day long with water on the shelves( practice that i wish they will stop
because i prefer a wilted green to a green that went thru that treatment
loosing its nutrients and taste in the process)

I hate wasting food and am very good at managing my stocks so i don't have
to eat what i don't want or throw foods . I buy 2 or 3 times per week  and
buy by the box ,  every thing that have longer shelvelife and that i know
will not go to waste and anything that is going to rot go to the dryer or i
eat it when the taste is okay ( i used to be compulsive about not wasting
food and found myself recuperating anyfood that was going to waste , ending
eating what other people didn't want anymore. I am way better now at wanting
more respect for myself and feeling okay about "wasting "( because what i
don't eat the animals in my garden do and fertilise my fruits trees with
their shit)

About eating what is available ,after 10 years of eating instinctively i
don't have urgent needs anymore for particular foods ( except the ones that
are dificult to access like the olives  or animal fats for ex.) and what i
don't have today i can have it latter on ,it is not a big deal

Jean-claude