From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:15:46 -0600
>Loren Cordein's book "The Paleo Diet" has been translated into Swedish. I
noticed that when I was at the local bookstore today. I didn't know much
about the book so I took a copy and browsed a little. In less than a minute
my excitement turned into a complete disappointment. He seems to advocate
lean meat and condemn foods I love, e.g. fatty pork, chicken skin and
chicken legs. In fact, the first thing I eat in a chicken is its skin and
its fatty little tail. I'm confused.
>Fredrik

I think the reason for this is the present day commercialization of meat
with hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides given to the animals in
one form or another which when metabolized, the result ends up in the skin
and fat of the animal.  Just eat grass fed and don't worry about the fat.
Oliva