From:
Thomas Seay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:32:29 -0700
Jonas,

You have already answered your own question.
Your mother is doing better than before, even though she is eating a
mixed diet.  If you are interested in doing the diet, why dont you try
a month of mixed diet
alternationg with a month of pure paleo....

I cheat regularly.  I think that it is important not
to become uptight and neurotic about eating "right" all the time.  When
I am at home, I eat paleo.  When I go out with friends to a restaurant,
I usually cheat....I am not above having a glass of fine wine, a bowl
of pasta, followed-up by a desert.

-Thomas

--- Jonas Amoson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Anyone out there following a diet being "mostly"
> paleo, but with
> whole grain products and other occasional
> "cheatings"? Ofcourse,
> from what I understand, some people get ill, but
> does this apply
> to all of you?
>
>    Without any experience of what going completely
> paleo will
> do for me and my body, I am thinkering with what
> benefits a
> mixed diet might bring. Could it be that a mixed
> diet will
> lessen the impact faced when eating other
> "non-paleo" food?
>
>    My mother who always has struggled to keep her
> weight,
> is now trying a (some-sort-of) paleo-inspired diet
> programme,
> banning potatoes and white bread (because of their
> high GI)
> but allowing pasta, raw rice and whole-grain bread.
> Sugar
> is as well not permitted. [this is not at all an
> complete
> description of the programme]. She is doing very
> fine on
> this diet, much better than on here former diet,
> that is.
>
> Is there a best of two worlds, or is the world
> really painted
> in black and white? what do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Jonas Amoson