From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 09:19:32 EST
Sorry to disagree, Amadeus, but my  "neolithic house" from which I sit is on
183 acres, heated only by wood from the trees that I also gaze at, and when I
move towards the door, 15 deer look up from their chewing and say hello!

Its a hell of a lot easier to kill a deer then to go plant barley on my land,
especially when the kids are hungry and its cold outside......

As for storing, the mice that come into my neolithic house to get out of the
snow would gladly eat my stored barley,  if I had any, but leave my pemmican

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl