From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:07:51 -0500
La. > I guess in the name of the progression of science it's good to
theorize about this or that kind of beneficial effect of nutrition. But all
I know is that after lab-testing diabetic and then going all the way paleo
and losing 25 pounds in 4 months and then seeing the blood test go normal,
that that's good enough for me to believe in the efficacy of [the paleo
diet] in the service of a long, healthy life.

Agreed.  I made a comment a while back about theory obscuring reality, that
sometimes we get so into theorizing that we forget to carry the two and now
the sun doesn't exist.

The version of paleo that works for me is one where I eliminate all grains
and dairy, legumes, frankenfats, chocolate, coffee.  The results have been
miraculous -- and to greater or lesser degrees, the reintroductions of these
items have been disastrous.

Having said that, I greatly enjoy the theorizing.  I sometimes fear though
that it may turn off the casual reader of this list who's expecting a little
more firm ground upon which to stand.