Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2008 16:31:01 -0800
Hi all:

I am 41 years old, and have type II diabetes.  I am on oral medications,
which have not-so-nice side effects.  I also have diabetic neuropathy
(though only on the left side).  I have a hard time balancing my glucose
levels. At time it ist high (over 300), then it goes very low, around 49. I
cannot seem to find a balance even when I am taking my medications as I
should, and was looking for some pointers.

Has anyone been successful at eliminating type II diabetes eating Paleo?

I have been attempting to change my eating style, though I am unable to
actually gather my own food as I live in a city and am tied to a desk job
all day long.   I have seriously cut back on processed and refined foods,
including pasta and breads (haven't had breads, pasta in nearly a year,
including rice and potatoes).  I am tempted horribly by chocolate cake (but
am successful at resisting).

I really do not know where to begin, or what to do. I do not want to be on
medications for the rest of my life, and I am tired of being tired, sick and
fatigued.

Any feedback and thought are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Trish