From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:54:10 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/2007 7:18:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Why do you say that? Or is colon cancer less reactive to ketosis?

I think it had began in the colon, alhough last year (or two years ago) he
had had a colonscopy which was clean.

I have no idea if colon cancer is more or less reactive to ketosis .I said
that because I thought it wasn't clear where his cancer began for sure.  I'm
certainly no expert on any of this -- just throwing out layperson's thoughts.
But some cancers are hormone dependant ie prostate, breast etc so I'm not sure
that zero carb alone is the holy grail answer.  Unfortunately, I just do not
believe that diet alone is necessarily a cure-all.  People get sick and die
--that's life.  Genetics and environmental toxins also undoubtedly play a role.
Your friend really got dealt a lousy hand -- but it's not over until it's over
and there is certainly always hope.  Your friend's family should try to
immediately contact the doctors mentioned  in the link -- perhaps they would consult
with his current oncologist regarding diet change.  I hope something helps
your friend.  If your friend's family wants to just give a ketogenic diet a try
on their own -- remember, such a regime is high fat, not high protein.