From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 13:03:55 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Paleolithic Eating Support List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Geoffrey Purcell
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Bulk] Re: Comments, please

>. Plus, for all we know, consumption of raw foods might well lead to people
>living to 140+ - one of the most common things I hear from long-term,
>middle-aged, raw-animal-foodists is that they look c. 10 years younger than
>their cooked-food-eating contemporaries
>
>Plus, cooked foods are, ironically, notorious for leading to weight-gain,
>
>Lastly, it is possible to reduce some of the effects of cooking without
>having to eat raw meats:- one can boil one's meats in water, thus reducing
>toxin-levels, one can add turmeric, one can cook at lower temperatures
>etc.

>Geoff

Some raw food people may look younger; however, are they actually living
longer?
What about the people who fail to thrive on a all raw type diet? Lots of
people have problems with Aajonus Vonderplanit type diets.  At some point
his claims of detoxing just fall apart.

Of course cooked food lends itself to weight gain; cooked food is more
digestible and bio-absorbable. Lower calorie intake (periodic or regular)
has been linked to slower aging. Maybe the raw fodders are just getting
fewer calories because less is being digested.

Humans have been cooking food long before we were human.
-David