From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:30:56 -0500
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:47:11 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>He argues that just because you don't yet have damage to your intestinal
villi doesn't mean, though, that you do not have negative reactions to
gluten.  So we've way underestimated the impact of gluten.

Gluten especially from wheat makes my stomach pouch out like I'm preggers
yet I only tested "mildly" sensitive to gluten.  The test was some delayed
food allergy test so I don't know how accurate it was.  What I do know is
aside from getting bloated and packing on fat at a rapid clip when
regularly consuming wheat products, I generally get stuffy and/or sneeze
after such meals.  Also, I get very moody and impatient and just don't feel
well.  So even if I don't have damage to my intestinal villi -- these are
still good enought reasons for me to stay far away from wheat in particular
and grains in general.  Small amounts of brown rice don't seem to have this
effect -- but even still, for me all grains are poison.