From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 22:16:30 +0200
> Raw honey is supposed to be the best burn ointment, so it could have been
> carried in a skin bag for medicinal or other purposes. BTW raw unheated
> honey is not sold in stores in Canada, have not seen it in the U.S.A.
>
> William

Not one day goes without me learning something new. I didn't, for instance
know that there was something else but "raw honey". Apparently in "the new
country" they heat the honey so it, or part of it comes to look like sirup
and they eat this. What happens to the other part? In Sweden we swing the
waxcakes and the honey we have looks almost like the stuff you use for
candles or perhaps stale fat. We have to carve it with a spoon. Is that what
you call raw honey. Like Jerry S, I  think that honey was very hard to find
and if you did the whole tribe would make a party so it would only last a
day or two anyway.
BTW, are you referring to Alberta in Alabama, in Virginia or in Canada?
Tomorrow I'm off for holiday in Germany. Hope life goes well with you all.
Eva
PS Do you really think they got sunburnt?