From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:56:46 -0800
On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:02:39 -0500, Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>I've always been troubled by the word "spiritual".  To me, "spiritual"
>>means
>>faith -- belief without knowledge.  If you don't know the answer,
>>then just make it up.
>>
>>I can't accept that.  I can live with question marks.
>>
>>Norm
>
>Norm,
>Think of spirituality as something physical and sensual (relating to the
>senses of the body) rather than logical. That's a starting point anyway.
>Emotions, for example, are directly related to spirituality. Faith is
>something different. Religion is something altogether different.

I think at this point that BOTH of you are making up your own definitions of
words as you go along....

spiritual

spiritual (spir?i-ch?-?l) adjective

1.Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible
or material. See synonyms at immaterial.
2.Of, concerned with, or affecting the soul.
3.Of, from, or relating to God; deific.
4.Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred.
5.Relating to or having the nature of spirits or a spirit; supernatural.

Excerpted from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third
Edition Copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company.