From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:32:17 -0700
Christy wrote

Kristina, how is your UTI now? Did you try any Paleo-remedies or did you
have to resort to antibiotics? If so, how did it affect your body's
functioning? I always notice that medication tips me off balance and
makes it harder to feel my bodies feeding needs. All those chemicals
interfere with feeling and knowing what to eat right?

Christy
<<

Hi Christy,

I took Cranberry Concentrate capsules as well as D-Mannose but it just got worse. By day 4, besides the now constant burning sensation, I had a stomach ache. My white blood cell count was extremely high and the doctor put me on 3 days of Levaquin (250mg). While on it and for several days afterwards I took 9 primal defense per day. I was also horribly swollen in my lower body and looked like I was pregnant which started the day after I got on the Levaquin and stopped 2 days after I was took the last one. It must have been the meds - ever since I stopped taking medication and went on a relatively strict paleo diet, my body reacts pretty badly to any chemicals of any kind.

However, it cleared up the UTI, my white blood cell count was normal, but my 'real' doctor (the one who prescribed the antibiotic was at a different regular medical facility) is going to send it to the lab to make sure all the bacteria is gone. The other medical facility didn't even send it in to see what type of bacteria it is. they just prescribe Levaquin because it is so broad - and therefore kills everything else in your body.

I hope I have not done too much damage taking them.

Kristina