Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:24:58 -0800
> >  If you have food stuck to the walls of your colon, then wouldn't
> > you also have constant diarrhea?  If I'm not mistaken, the colon removes
> > excess water from digested food.  How can it do that if the membranes are
> > covered with undigested food?

Oops, sorry John, I was trying to send the last message about the
psyllium to Micke and messed up.  At any rate, could it be not so much
undigested food, but slimed pipes, or excess mucous due to inflammation?
I think people with diverticuli do get food remnants caught in those
though.  Any pathologists on board?!  Mary J.