From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 07:41:50 -0400
Any thoughts to Advanced Glycation End products (AGEs) as they relate to
the foods many of us are eating on the paleo type diet?  Specifically, if meat
cooked at high temps contains lots of AGEs -- wouldn't humans have evolved
to hand this since he used fire to roast meats?  Also, I am wondering about
tree nuts as well.  If dry roasting causes them to become high in AGEs, and
eating them raw blocks minerals etc -- would sprouting and then dehydrating
be the best way to prepare them?  I find that too many nuts causes me to
gain fat -- but when I travel, I rely rather heavily on them.  Below is an
interesting article about AGEs -- also mentions that the fructose in fresh fruit
rapidly induces AGEs.  Thoughts?

http://64.233.167.104/search?
q=cache:iv0u0uDn8k4J:andersonclan.us/andersonclan_top/ages.html+dry+roast
ed+nuts+and+advanced+glycation+end+products&hl=en&ct=clnk&amp;cd=2&gl=us&i
e=UTF-8