From:
Nicole Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:51:50 -0500
Hi,

I just read The Paleo Diet & Neanderthin & motivated to give it a go.  This might sound like a stupid question , but the holidays are coming up & this past weekend my family was invited to two parties loaded with "typical" party food.  How do most of you handle these events?

I stayed away from the chips, dip, sausage bread, chhese tray, pizza, etc. & made myself a plate of "hot wings" (I think this is a regional treat), blotting off the greasy sauce (which I'm sure contains hidden sugars) with some celery & carrot sticks.  I also packed myself a snack-sized bag of walnuts + almonds for in between social events.  And I drank water b/c I don't trust that the "juice" offered at restaurants isn't really a "juice cocktail" (with HFCS).

Would any of you be willing to offer your tried & trye tips for handling parties & restaurant food?

TIA -Nicole R.