From:
Michele Shoemaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 12:49:13 -0700
At 06:34 PM 5/17/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Here in Sweden we have very much birch pollen this year.

I heard things were going to be bad this year because of El Nino. This
might be part of the problem.

>Why do You suspect the fruit sugar?

When I was taking a course in medical herbalism, the text mentioned high
amounts of sugar, such as in fruit and fruit juices being a trigger for
some people. I'd have to go through the material to find the exact quote.
There is a mention of sugar compromizing the immune system. Fruit is high
in sugar so that's why I'm asking. I was never a big fruit eater, I would
buy it because I felt I had to eat it and watch it go bad. Grains were my
drug of choice in the food department. Avoiding dairy would get me through
the spring grass season no problem. I didn't esat much bread then because I
knew if I started I would have problems stopping. So essentailly no dairy
or wheat. Now I have been eating more fruit then ever. No juices except for
a small amount I used to take my herbs (eyebright for acute rhinitis)but
now I put the tincture in water.

I do feel better today, there is still some sniffling, but not the torrent
like the last day I had fruit--4 pieces. I think there is a connection.
Nuts don't seem to bother me at all. But it might be worth investigating.

Willow