From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:03:17 +1100
>>From:    matesz <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: Cordain book disappointing

Don,

I found your email interesting. For myself, I am trying to GAIN weight
(due to previous illness). I am restricted with eating a paleo type diet
and can't touch grains,starches and certain sugars.
I have noticed on a med. fat, high protein, low carb diet, I didn't gain
much if any weight, and yes, I lost muscle etc. due to the body needing
it for energy. I found higher fat simply wasn't absorbed or was not
used?? I didn't gain in any case.

You gave me the idea to try fats with more (allowable) carbs.. the idea
being that the body would use the carbs and store the excess
energy(fats) as fat.

I'm interested to see how this will go.

reg.,
Dean.