From:
Michael Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:00:56 -0700
>>true hunter gatherers have very diverses diets all over the world but there
is certain constances on which the paleo diet is designed .
it is absollutelly one of the caracteristic of paleo diet, to eat
bioregionally from your own environment not from what travelled thousands
miles away<<

Since most of the foods our paleo ancestors ate no longer exist, I'm not sure
if it matters how
far the food travels to get on our plates: we're all eating animals that never
existed before. Also,
we can pretty much get any food we want whenever we want (at least in
America), and since we
live in such a diverse society, lots of different kinds of people for the
first time in human history
can eat all the same foods. The question remains, though, should people of
different racial
backgrounds focus their diets on certain kinds of foods for optimum health?
Have any multi-
ethnic studies ever been done to determine if people of differing ethnicities
respond differently
to diets containing the same types of foods? Sure, it sounds like a reasonable
enough idea, but
is there any data to support it?

I wonder if Ray could weigh in on this one.

Mike