From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:02:54 -0600
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:04:10 -0600, Mike Horlick <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Cordain recommends canola and flaxseed oil. Some people discourage
> canola. I looked a bit at one of Mary Enig books on fat and she
> recommends coconut nut (and sort of looks
> down on canola and flaxseed). I doubt coconuts were widely available to
> our
> ancestors.
Some of our ancestors had coconut available, depending on where they
lived.  But one thing's for sure, NONE of our ancestors had canola
available (it was invented in the 20th century).

Our ancestors that lived in Europe and other temperate regions would have
used grassfed
animal fats for most of their fat intake.  Nut oil (neatly packaged inside
the nut) and
seed oil (flaxseed comes to mind) in the seed, fatty fish (if near the
ocean or a salmon river), eggs in spring, perhaps fat grubs, would be
smaller opportunistic sources.

	Lynnet