From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:04:21 -0400
Jana Eagle wrote:

 >i am looking for some advice on how to help out my folks.

 >can someone advise the best one or two articles or websites i could
 >show them?

Are they into web sites? Of course I'm biased, but I'd start with my
www.paleodiet.com.

 >  i was thinking about the "Low Fat Hoax" article-- is that
 >one of the best ones?

I gather you mean the "The Soft Science of Dietary Fat" from Science
Magazine. That would be good.

 > I am considering cordain's book but i think a
 >full length diet book will scare them away.

Ray's NeaderThin is an easier read.

What I'm planning to do is to buy a load of Ron Hoggan's Dangerous Grains
when it comes out in August. I'll just give them away as gifts. It, of
course, attacks grains, but also slips in a plug for the paleo diet. At
www.bamm.com they are $10.03 with their discount card. No shipping if you
buy five. But a friend also wants to give these away, plus I can sell them
at a celiac support group meeting, so I plan to buy about three dozen. If
you buy 20 or more you can buy direct from the publisher for $7.47 each.
You may need to be a business, but I'm still working on the details.

Don.