Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 07:58:15 -0500
lisa blackburn wrote:

> I know that. My problem is, sticking to low-carb seems to maintain my
> present state of being 25 pounds overweight. I switched to Neanderthin last
> week because I think dairy foods might be a problem for me, much as I love
> them. I also really missed fruit on Atkins. It's very frustrating trying all
> kinds of restrictive "diets" only to gain weight, or, at best, maintain. I
> hope Neanderthin is different.
I have been on low carb for over 3.5 years, paleo for over a year (not too
strict at first, much more strict now). I have noticed that some people,
especially women, tend not to eat enough fat (which usually goes along with
eating too much protein) on a low carb diet. There are many possible
explanations of why eating a low carb diet which is also somewhat low in
fat and high in protein could make further weight loss difficult and
I am not sure which one of them is right (may be more than one). Just out
of curiosity, what is your protein, carb, fat breakdown?

Ilya