From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:57:32 CDT
>Just curious, what happens in regards to protein toxicity, rabbit
> >starvation, kidney function?  One week wouldn't hurt I suppose, but >how
>long do those things take to set in?

Unless you have a pre-existing kidney problem, then it would be highly
unlikely that a high protein diet (1-1.5g protein per 1lb LBM each
day) will
harm your kidneys.  Most of this "protein toxicity" idea is completely
baseless.  A high carb diet taxes the pancreas heavily - but we don't
hear
about "carb toxicity."  A diet high in fat forces the liver to secret
large
amounts of bile to digest the fat - but we don't hear about "fat
toxicity."

If your thinking about doing the rabbit starvation diet, then you may
want
to alternate periods of high and low calories to prevent thyroid down
regulation.  1 week dieting and then 1 week of maintenance calories
should
do the trick.  Doing moderate amounts of cardio throughout both weeks
will
help too.

Myself, I prefer the Animalbolics diet for fat loss (with a few of my
own
personal variations).  It's where you only eat carbs in the post
workout
meal.  For me, that's 3 large bananas and then I'll throw in about 15g
creatine.  Then it's back to lean protein for me other meals.  The one
post
workout carb + creatine hit allows my muscle to stay full.  This way I
can
diet down to low bodyfat levels without the flat look of other low
carb
diets.

Justin Hasselman